The Institute for Astrophysics Göttingen (IAG) at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany invites applications for a PhD Student position in solar and stellar physics, within the group of Laurent Gizon.
The position is for a nominal duration of three years, including a six-month probation period. Regular working hours will be 25.87 hours per week (65% of 39.8 hours TV-L 13).
Job Reference: ID 100898
Application deadline: 15 August 2021
Starting date: 1 October 2021
Where: Institute for Astrophysics Göttingen (IAG) at the Georg-August-Universität (Göttingen)
Duration of the contract: 36 months (including a six-month probation period)
- Modelling the contribution of convection to the solar photometric and spectral line variability (main task).
- Improve the detection and characterisation of solar oscillations.
- Improve the detection of exoplanets around Sun-like stars.
- The successful applicant will have a university MSc/Diploma degree in physics.
- A good command of the English language is required.
How to apply
Applications (cover letter, CV, recent grades, two letters of recommendation) should be submitted no later than August 15, 2021 to the University of Göttingen online application portal: