Work in progress
The PLATO PI Office is responsible for the overall management of the consortium activities. The office is located at DLR Berlin at the Institute for Planetary Research and headed by the PLATO Mission Consortium Lead (PI).
The PLATO Office interfaces via the PMC manager to the PLATO Payload Manager, the Data Centre Manager and the Science Preparation Manager.
All aspects of the consortium involving all three PMC elements and affecting the mission performance at large are coordinated by the PCL and the PI Office. The PCL and the PMC Office also ensure good communication between the PMC elements and with ESA.
Activities of the PI Office include:
- PMC Manager;
- PMC Management Support;
- PMC Configuration and Documentation Management;
- DLR Contract Management;
- PMC performance activities involving expertise from all elements of the PMC for performance studies and monitoring:
- CCD WG, PLATO Performance Team and PLATOSim;
- PMC System Engineering and PMC support for instrument calibration and operation activities (PCOT);
Coordinate EPO activities by the PMC.
Members of the PI Office are:
- Heike Rauer, PMC PI;
- Dr. J. Miguel Mas-Hesse (Co-PI);
- Dr. Isabella Pagano (Co-PI);
- Anders Erikson, PMC Manager/PCOT Manager;
- Juan Cabrera, PPT science performance coordinator;
- Claudia Dreyer, PMC Manager Support/PMC Configuration Manager;
- Martin Pertenais, Optical system engineer Req. Definition & On Ground Calibration;
- Anko Börner, Instr. noise performance engineer;
- Carsten Paproth, Instr. performance;
- Denis Grießbach, FGS Performance.