The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS), Göttingen, Germany, invites applications for a Full Stack Developer to work for the PLATO Data Center.
At the MPS you will be part of a professional team working on the implementation of the Data Analysis Support Tools (DAST).
Job Reference: DAST Full Stack Developer
Application until: 29 June 2021
Starting date: 1 September 2021
Where: Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, (Göttingen)
Duration of the contract: 24 months (with a possible extension)
Salary: In accordance with the German Collective Agreement for the Public Service (up to TVöD E13).
- Participation in the design of the system and software architecture for the DAST
- Implementation of the DAST backend and frontend components
- Implementation of automated tests on the unit, module, integration and acceptance level as well as performance testing
- Optimization of data processing code in close collaboration with the science team
- Contribute to the production of PDC technical documentation in compliance with the applicable standards
- Participation in local or remote project meetings when required
- Strongly interested in working on a long-term space project (PLATO will launch in 2026)
- Good command of the English Language
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in computer science or relevant experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience with implementing web services in Python using frameworks like Flask or Django
- Experience with either Angular, React or Vue
- Experience with working on relational databases, preferably postgreSQL
- Experience in using git and docker
- Experience in writing unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Experience in partaking in a continuous integration workflow as well as working as part of a SCRUM team
- Ideally knowledgeable in software architecture (e.g., design patterns), OO design principles (e.g., SOLID) and general best practices like “Clean Code”
- Ideally experienced in working with scientific code
How to apply
Please send your CV and application letter in English (certificates and reference letters may be in German) as one PDF file to Martin Schäfer email@example.com with the subject line “DAST Full Stack Developer”. Applications will be reviewed from the 31.07.2021 until the position is filled.