Role: Member of the PSWT, member of the PMC Board
Miguel Mas Hesse, born in Madrid on January 21, 1961, PhD in Astrophysics at the Universidad Complutense, 1990. Presently Director of the Center for Astrobiology (CSIC-INTA) in Madrid, since June 2015.
Fields of work:
- Extragalactic Astrophysics: Formation and evolution of massive stars throughout the history of the Universe.
- Stellar Astrophysics: properties of massive stars in binary systems.
- Development of Space astronomical instrumentation (MINISAT-Legri, INTEGRAL-OMC, BepiColombo-MIXS, PLATO: optical telescope
R&D Management experience:
- Manager of the Spanish National Space Programme (2002-2006).
- Scientific advisor of the Spanish delegation at the European Space Agency Science Programme Committee (SPC, 2002-2017).
- Advisor of the Spanish delegation at the European Southern Observatory (ESO).
- Spanish coordinator of the ESO Science Outreach Network (ESON).
Training of researchers:
- 8 PhDs and 1 Master thesis supervised.
- 95 contributions in international refereed journals.
- More than 115 additional publications in conference proceedings, technical reports, news…