PLATO System engineering open position for the “Camera system” of the payload of the ESA PLATO mission – INAF IAPS, Rome
Ref: D.D. n. 466/20
The Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica (INAF) opens an international call based on qualifications and possibly integrated by an interview, to hire a Research Engineer, under a fixed-term contract, to work at IAPS – Institute for Space Astrophysics and Planetology (Rome, Italy) in the field of “System engineering for the ‘Camera system’ of the payload of PLATO mission of the European Space Agency ESA” .
Applications until: 22nd January 2021 – 23:59 CET (late submissions will not be considered)
Where: IAPS – Institute for Space Astrophysics and Planetology , Via Fosso del Cavaliere 100, 00133 Rome
Duration of the contract: 1 year
Salary: €26,000.00 per year (gross salary)
The holder of the fellowship will collaborate with the Camera Lead System Engineer in the following activities:
- management of technical requirements of the Camera system, with MBSE (Model Based System
- participate in working groups established at Camera system and Payload system levels, addressing technical requirements and interfaces.
- monitoring and coordination of engineering activities of subsystems.
- development of the Camera System functional analysis and preparation of Camera User Manual
coordination of the activities related to system technical verification and preparation of the Verification Control Document.
Participation to the selection is reserved to Italian and foreign citizens with a degree either in Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautics Engineering or Astronautics Engineering, or equivalent degree issued according to the previous or actual Italian University regulations which would formally entitle to the admission to a doctorate awarded by an Italian university or by a foreign university.
Applicants are required to possess academic or work experience in the activities field of the present announcement.
As additional assets will be considered:
- knowledge of the principles of Systems Engineering,
- work experience in space projects,
- knowledge of ECSS standards,
- knowledge of Model Based System Engineering,
- previous experience in development of measurement instrumentation, particularly with regard to
A good knowledge of Italian and English in required.
How to apply
Applications, with attached CV and any document or publication deemed useful for the purposes of this competition must be submitted in English exclusively via
- personal certified e-mail, including all the required documents in PDF format, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd January 2021 – 23:59 CET. Only certified emails sent through one of the email providers included in the list of the AgID (Agenzia dell’Italia Digitale) in according to DPR no. 68 of 11/02/2005.
- registered mail with acknowledgement receipt or express courier to INAF-Istituto di Astrofisica e Planetologia Spaziali – Via Fosso del Cavaliere 100, 00133 Roma. The applications need to arrive by 22nd January 2021 – 23:59 CET (postmark date will not suffice).
Late arrival will not be considered.
More information about to how to take part in the selection can be found in the Announcement (English version and Italian version) or in the Job Offer published on the INAF website.