Deadline: 12 April 2019
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS), Göttingen, Germany, invites applications for a Database Software Developer to work for the PLATO Data Center (PDC-DB-sciprog).
Duration of the contract: 3 years (with possible extension)
- Develop the PDC Database system
- Contribute to the production of PDC technical documentation
- Master of Science degree or relevant experience
- Expertise with databases, Python, C
- Experience in Java, Eclipse, Swing/Abstract Window Toolkit
- Experience with Java Native Interface (JNI) or similar
- Experience with dev tools (e.g. Jenkins, JIRA, Bitbucket), Linux, filing systems
- Experience with scientific projects
- Good command of the English Language
To apply online for this job, please end your CV and application letter in English (certificates and reference letters may be in German) as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PDC-DB-sciprog”.
Full details can be found in this attachment.