Deadline: 31 October 2018
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS), Göttingen, Germany, invites applications for a Database Software Developer to work for the PLATO Data Center.
Starting date: as early as possible
Ending date: 31st March 2022 (with the possibility of a long-term extension).
- Develop the PDC Database system
- Contribute to the production of PDC technical documentation
- Monitor and maintain the PDC schedule
- Master of Science degree or relevant experience
- Expertise in Java, Java Native Interface,
- Swing/Abstract Window Toolkit, Eclipse
- Experience with databases, Python, C, dev tools (e.g. Jenkins, QF-Test, JIRA, svn/git), Linux
- Experience with space missions and scientific projects.
- Good command of the English Language
To apply online for this job, please send your CV and application letter in English (certificates and reference letters may be in German) as one PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line “2018 PDC Database Software Developer”.
Full details can be found in this attachment.
More information can be obtained by contacting: