more pictures of the meeting
Monday 18 July 2016 12:00 (lunch) – Wednesday 20 July 2016 17:00
(System team meeting wrap-up Thursday 21 July : see separate system team meeting info)
KU Leuven campus Arenberg III, Celestijnenlaan 200A, 3001 Heverlee
List of registered participants : PLATO week july 2016 participants(PDF)
The latest version of the agenda is here: Agenda issue 3
REMOTE PARTICIPATION / WEBEX
WebEx sessions will be set up for the different sessions, links will be posted here. Presenters are requested to join WebEx
- Monday 18/7 afternoon plenary session (13:00-18:30): host Maximilian: https://ohb.webex.com/ohb-en/j.php?MTID=mfefded5835c30d6f9c553a055064c51c
- Tuesday 19/7 morning plenary session (9:00-13:00): host Maximilian: https://ohb.webex.com/ohb-en/j.php?MTID=m11ceee461fc4c1e6c4c002ca00efcca5
- Tuesday 19/7 afternoon splinter 14:20 Electronics: host Matthias;
- Wednesday 20/7 morning splinter 9:45 Splinter meeting MAIV: host Valery: https://ohb.webex.com/ohb-en/j.php?MTID=m1b36a5e5ec0d0cfeec34207b9a85e119
- Wednesday 20/7 morning splinter 11:30 Schedule: host Maximilian:
- Wednesday 20/7 afternoon plenary (12:15 -17:00): host Maximilian:
The institute of Astronomy at KU Leuven kindly invites all attendees to a dinner in the Faculty Club, Groot Begijnhof 14, 3000 Leuven on Monday 18 July at 20:00.
Google Map/directions: https://goo.gl/maps/R9LG1bvzsF32
Find accommodation in Leuven through your favorite internet booking or via this accomodation overview of Leuven:http://www.leuven.be/en/tourism/staying/
REACHING ARENBERG III CAMPUS
Road Address: KU Leuven Campus Arenberg III, Celestijnenlaan 200A, 3001 Heverlee
By bus from the city center of Leuven:
- take bus no. 2 in the direction of ‘Campus’. There is a bus every 15 minutes, it takes 20 minutes to the campus and tickets can be bought on the bus.
- At Zaventem Airport take the train towards Leuven. There are two trains each hour (leaving 21minutes past the hour and 38 minutes past the hour). It takes about fifteen minutes to reach Leuven station
- From Leuven station, proceed as mentioned below.
Arriving by train:
- At Leuven station take bus no. 2 in the direction of ‘Campus’. Note that at the station of Leuven bus no. 2 departs in two directions. Make sure you take the one to ‘Heverlee Campus’. Get off at the bus terminus.
- You can also take bus no. 616 with destination Brussels Airport. Attention, make sure you get off the bus in time (bus stop after the traffic lights on the Celestijnenlaan).
TRAVELING BACK HOME
Brussels airport information on busy times for departure: http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passngr/tempdeppax/
Taxi travel time to the airport: 30minutes – count 50 minutes during rush hour (4pm-7pm)
Train to the airport: 14 minutes, leaving 9 and 25 minutes past the hour
Taxi travel time to Leuven railwaystation: 10 minutes
Ordering taxis: fill out taxi list in the lobby outside the meeting room at least 2 hours prior to travel.
Taxi Centrale : +32 16 20 20 20 Taxi Jenny: +32 16 26 10 10 Taxi Gerard: +32 16 25 09 99