Date: May 23rd-24th 2016
Venue: Observatoire de Paris site de Meudon
5, place Jules Janssen, F-92195 Meudon Cedex
The goal of the meeting will be some scientific discussions focused on four specific topics
(therefore corresponding to four sessions):
– Stellar activity
– Seismology of main sequence stars
– Surface convection
– Benchmark stars for PLATO
with the idea to go a step further from what was already provided in the drafts last year.
- In session 1 (Stellar activity) what should WPI20 provide to the PLATO exoplanet team about stellar activity followed by a discussion of what is being done prepared today with (for KEPLER/TESS) that could be applied for PLATO
- In session 2 (Seismology with optimization (Hare and hounds)), short talks about presenting optimisation codes, methodology, algorithms, results, difficulties with the HH, suggestions etc. followed by a discussion about the advantages and disadvantages of one method versus another.
- In session 3, impact of surface convection on oscillation parameters and/or detection threshold (granulation intensity as a function mass, spectral type; mixing length versus patched models, can T(tau) laws from 3D models be scaled and implemented in ID evolutionary models? …).
- In session 4, discussion on the choice of benchmark stars (definition, selection criteria).